What’s your favorite thing about Christmas? Santa? Carolers? The lighted tree? Gift giving? A nativity pageant? You’ll find all of that and much more at Christmas Near the Beach, a FREE festival each year in downtown Hollywood. First formed in 2007 as a hometown family celebration, Christmas Near the Beach has grown into a five-hour extravaganza with a cast and crew of 200 — and a crowd of several thousand.
Past CNTB celebrations have included:
- A lighted, 40-foot-tall Christmas tree.
- A Christmas pageant, with Mary, Joseph, the Baby Jesus and angelic ballerinas from the Many But One ballet company.
- Arrival of St. Nick, not in a sleigh, but a bright red sportcar — then kneeling before the Baby Jesus.
- Caroling at shops and restaurants around Young Circle.
- Gift giveaways — hats, T-shirts, beach balls and other swag — by the local Moody Radio station.
- Choirs and contemporary Christian groups from around South Florida.
- Rollerblade performance by furry, green-faced Grinchy.
- Zumba flash mob, led by Zumba instructors.
- Hip-hop music and dance, led by deejay Mr. E and dancer Sean Olivera.
Don’t miss the crazy beginning: Another shot at setting the Guinness Book record for “Most People Caroling.” Will we reach our goal this year? Will you help?
Christmas Near The Beach is always FREE thanks to our sponsors, including ArtsPark at Young Circle, Good News newspaper, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital at Memorial, Moody Radio (89.3 FM), Michael A. Puchades Law, So Danca, and Broward County Right to Life.
Would you like to help support CNTB, too? Sponsorship information is available here on our website. Or you may contact Deena McDaniel at email@example.com
Thousands each December have found the fun, joy and beauty of Christmas Near the Beach. Join them this year!
Where: Arts Park @ Young Circle, Hollywood, FL
Time: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Why: Celebrate a “Hometown” Christmas with family and friends!
Christmas Near the Beach, where South Florida Celebrates Christmas!
CNTB is presented by EOJ Productions: